This means that every Sunday people are sitting in pews struggling deeply, others are not able to attend a service or become involved in the community because their mental health keeps them away.
Sanctuary Mental Health Ministries is here to help. We journey alongside churches and parishes, preparing communities to embrace all lived experiences.
Journey with us in preparing your faith community to
support mental health recovery.
National Director, Sanctuary Mental Health Ministries
WHO ARE WE?
The Sanctuary Community - team, board and coaches - are brought together to prepare and walk alongside people of faith committed to embracing mental health recovery in their community. We bring our lived experience, talents and skills to work toward a common purpose we care deeply about.
WHERE ARE WE HEADING?
Sanctuary exists to resource Christian communities. We are going through an exciting time and are looking for a new National Director to continue to expand the reach of the ministry across the nation, and into other countries.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who can continue to build our strong external presence and develop our broadening landscape of people, places and patrons. You will work to under-gird already strong relationships with our stakeholders and harvest new contacts and donor sources. Basically, we are seeking a person of inspirational and visionary prowess to lead the next chapter of this 5-year-old charitable foundation.
- To expand the ministry across Canada
- To fundraise and develop new partnerships
- To inspire communities of Christian faith, and
- To lead our senior staff.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO APPLY?
- To be an inspiring-visionary who can positively influence a team, engage donors and allies
- Have significant fund raising experience
- Be able to motivate staff and volunteers
- Be aligned in faith with Sanctuary and our partner organizations
- Have mental health experience or interest in this area of work
- Be an effective communicator and networker
View more info on our website here.
Please submit single document that includes cover letter (include where you heard about us!), resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.