Digital Media Production Assistant
Summer Student Opportunity* (May - August)
Are you looking for a great place to apply and develop your digital media skills? Sanctuary Mental Health Ministries prepares people of faith to support mental health recovery in their community. We are seeking a summer student to help us get digital! Applicants who meet the Canada Summer Student Grant criteria are invited to apply by April 15, 2017.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the design and production of digital services and solutions
- Update website, social media and digital marketing strategy to align with digital media objectives
- Monitor web traffic and participate in web design and digital media meetings
- Assist in process and product testing
- Research and provide summary report of emerging technologies and alignment with Sanctuary's strategic objectives
- Participate in regular check-ins
- Complete all paper/digital work in a timely and accurate manner
- Up to 30 hours per week; flexible work environment considered
In accordance with the Canada Summer Student Grant funding criteria applicants must -
- be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- be registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- be a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program, university;
- be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and; *Foreign students are not eligible.
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Applicants MUST have:
- Commended digital media and design skills
- Strong interpersonal and English language (written and spoken) skills
- Post-secondary studies in Digital Media, Digital Marketing, Video Production
- References that affirm your role related skills, post-secondary education and return to school date
- Knowledge, skill and confidence to carry out the assignment in an professional, accurate and timely manner
Applicants SHOULD have:
- Comfort working in a faith-based environment with great people.
Qualified applicants should send a single page resume and cover letter that clearly states how their skills align with the opportunity. Submit application as a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who meet stated criteria will be contacted. Please visit www.sanctuary-ministries.com for more information about the Society.
*This position is subject to Canada Summer Grant funding requirements; anticipating confirmation April, 2017.
Please note our office is not wheelchair accessible.
Sanctuary Mental Health Ministries