Mental health emergency
- Crisis Line: Crisis lines are free, anonymous, confidential and available 24/7.
If you are considering suicide or are concerned about someone who may be, Call: 604-872-3311 (Vancouver), B.C. wide: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
- Mental Health Emergency Service (MHES): 604-874-7307 (24 hours crisis line)
Provides 24 hour telephone mental health crisis intervention for people experiencing a psychiatric emergency or needing urgent support and information. Staffed by registered psychiatric nurses and registered nurses who can help callers deal with their urgent situations and provide referral to appropriate resources. For people who are feeling depressed or suicidal, seeking information about schizophrenia or other mental illnesses, concerned about a friend or relative and/or not sure where to turn for help. Free service.
ONLINE SERVICES -
Youth in BC
Visit: www.YouthInBC.com to chat online with a trained volunteer from the Crisis Centre. They’re online from noon until 1:00 am.
Adults in BC
Visit: www.CrisisCentreChat.ca to chat online with a trained volunteer from the Crisis Centre. They’re online from noon until 1:00 am.
For emotional support, information and resources specific to mental health:
310 Mental Health Support Line
Call: 310-6789 (no area code). This number will connect you to BC crisis line workers who can provide emotional support as well as mental health information and resources.
Suicide counseling and prevention
- SAFER: 604-879-9251 Suicide Attempt Follow-up Education & Research Program (SAFER).
- Please contact the S.A.F.E.R. office for counseling or referral information. There is no fee for this service S.A.F.E.R. also provides community education on the topic of suicide and a bereavement program for those grieving a death by suicide. For further information or brochures on our various services, please contact S.A.F.E.R.
- Suicide prevention counseling line: 1-800-SUICIDE